Vacancy: Senior Communications and Impact Officer
We are seeking to recruit a dynamic Senior Communications and Impact Officer (0.80 FTE) to play a strategic role in supporting the management of knowledge exchange and impact processes within NIHR SSCR.
The postholder will work with grant/award holders within NIHR SSCR to: enhance the impact from our funded research and building-capacity activities; lead day-to-day communication and digital engagement activities; and lead the planning and organisation of NIHR SSCR’s public and internal events programme and webinar series.
Candidates should have:
- Experience of working in a communications or research dissemination role
- Understanding of knowledge exchange and impact approaches such as networking, engagement activities, communication to professionals and the public
- Excellent communication skills with the ability to write and edit for a range of purposes, styles and audiences
- Ability to interpret and identify key results from research evidence and summarise in plain language
- Proven track record of using social media effectively in a professional context
- Interest in social care practice and research.
The postholder will be expected to support core NIHR SSCR activities at 0.60 FTE and the NIHR Social Care Incubator at 0.20 FTE. There is scope to increase the position to 1.00 FTE if preferred by the successful candidate.
The position is available for two years in the first instance. The salary range is from £36,647 to £44,140 pa (pro rata).
Applications are due by 23.59 on Friday 27 November 2020.
Interviews are expected to be held in week beginning 14 December 2020.