Vacancy: NIHR SSCR Involvement Manager
NIHR SSCR would like to appoint a part-time Involvement Manager to support the School’s programme of work. The appointment will be for two days a week until 30 April 2024.
The Involvement Manager must have lived experience of adult social care or be a family/unpaid carer or a social care professional.
Applications are through the London School of Economics and Political Science and are due by 23.59 on Wednesday 31 August 2022.
**Please contact us at email@example.com to request the post documents in an alternative format if needed, or to discuss any aspects of the role**
We involve people with lived experience, family and unpaid carers and social care professionals in a wide range of activities. Their contributions have already been significant and are important to continuing to develop our involvement activities, supported by our User, Carer, Practitioner Reference Group (UCPRG).
The Involvement Manager will:
- take day-to-day responsibility for managing our involvement initiatives and supporting the UCPRG and its members;
- ensure appropriate involvement in the delivery of our research programmes, workshops and conferences; and
- contribute to developing and sharing ‘best practice’ on involvement and engagement in adult social care research, including exploring how to sustain and develop ‘good practice’.
We are looking for an individual who has:
- Understanding and lived experience of using, or supporting individuals using, adult social care services;
- Experience of being involved in a co-production process or working collaboratively with people with lived experience;
- Experience of public involvement in a research or policy advisory group(s), ideally in a leadership, management or oversight role;
- The ability to share diverse experiences from people with lived experience through their interactions and networks in addition to their own personal experiences;
- Experience of supporting researchers and/or public advisors with involvement in research activities and problem solving; and
- The ability to listen to others and express own views in a constructive way.
We are able to offer flexible working arrangements (such as working from home) and flexible working hours. We are happy to consider a job share arrangement for this position (for example two individuals working one day a week each and carrying out the role together).
Details on how to apply are available at https://jobs.lse.ac.uk/Vacancies/W/3794/0/359088/15539/nihr-sscr-involvement-manager.
View details (new page)
Please do contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org if you would like an alternative format of the job description and person specification.