Vacancy: Hourly-paid research support appointment
We are seeking to appoint an individual to support the School’s Director, Professor Martin Knapp, and Finance and Impact Manager, Anji Mehta, across a range of responsibilities, including:
- supporting research management processes such as compiling information from research project progress reports, and producing relevant summaries
- supporting research commissioning processes, which may include peer-review processes, coordinating funding committees (including compiling and circulating papers for meetings), drafting meeting minutes and feedback letters
- collating information for SSCR-level reports, including coordinating comments and edits on drafts
- developing background reports or summaries for strategic SSCR-level meetings
- updating records for commissioned research awards
- other support activities as required.
The role provides the postholder with the opportunity to gain further experience in research commissioning and management processes, and increase their knowledge of adult social care research and organisations such as the NIHR.
The postholder will need to commit to:
- Between 20 and 35 hours per week to the role for 6 months
- Regular meetings as needed (with in-person meetings organised in advance).
Applications are due by 16.00 on Friday 18 June 2021.
View further details (PDF)