Vacancy: Hourly-paid research support appointment
We are seeking to appoint an individual to support the School’s Director, Professor Martin Knapp, and Finance and Impact Manager, Anji Mehta, across a range of responsibilities, including:
- supporting research management processes such as compiling information from research project progress reports, and producing relevant summaries
- supporting research commissioning processes, which may include peer-review processes, coordinating funding committees (including compiling and circulating papers for meetings), drafting meeting minutes and feedback letters
- collating information for SSCR-level reports, including coordinating comments and edits on drafts
- developing background reports or summaries for strategic SSCR-level meetings
- updating records for commissioned research awards
- other support activities as required.
The role provides the postholder with the opportunity to gain further experience in research commissioning and management processes, and increase their knowledge of adult social care research and organisations such as the NIHR.
The postholder will need to commit to:
- Between 20 and 35 hours per week to the role for 6 months
- Regular meetings as needed (with in-person meetings organised in advance).
Applications are due by 16.00 on Friday 18 June 2021.
View further details (PDF)
6 September 2023
When design researchers and academic researchers meet
14 August 2023
NIHR Three Schools' Dementia Research Programme invites outline research proposals for up to £500,000 by 22 September 2023.
4 August 2023
Top tips for delivering co-production workshops
18 July 2023
New NIHR Research Support Service to provide application support for researchers.
13 July 2023
Using service design methods to strengthen innovation in social care
13 June 2023
Disrupting academic-policy exchange by focussing on local authority priorities for research
23 May 2023
How researchers developed a new centralised catalogue of social care data
2 May 2023
A new tool to support social care research in practice
19 April 2023
Reflections on the past and future of social care research
13 April 2023
First fully comprehensive catalogue of social care data launched.
4 April 2023
How adult social care can better support intimate relationships of autistic people
20 February 2023
NIHR SSCR joins with other organisations to support A Charter for Social Work Research in Adult Social Care.
21 February 2023
Four social care professionals appointed as NIHR SSCR Practice-Based Research Leaders.
3 February 2023
Funding of £1.25 million has been committed to seven new research projects into dementia through the NIHR Three Schools' Dementia...
17 November 2022
A new report published by the School with support from the NIHR Centre for Engagement and Dissemination focuses on carers...