NIHR SSCR Webinar Series starting 12 May 2020
Further to cancellation of the School’s Annual Conference for 2020, a new Webinar Series is being introduced which aims to showcase the School’s commissioned research and findings from completed studies.
Webinars will take place fortnightly on Tuesdays between 13.00 and 14.00 (unless otherwise noted).
The first webinar takes places on 12 May 2020, 13.30 – 14.30, focusing on dementia. Speakers include:
- Dr Justine Schneider (University of Nottingham), Broadening our understanding of good home care
- Professor Jill Manthorpe (King’s College London), Interviewing people living with dementia in social care research
The second webinar takes place on 26 May 2020 focusing on the economics of social care. Speakers inclube:
- Martin Knapp, Michela Tinelli, Annette Bauer, Helen Weatherley and Ben Schlaepfer (LSE and University of York), ESSENCE (Economics of Social Care Compendium) – Examining the economic case for a range of adult social care interventions
- Second presentation TBC
The third webinar takes place on 9 June 2020 focusing on loneliness. Speakers include:
- Mark Wilberforce (University of York), Isolation and loneliness in people with sight loss in care homes (the INSIgHT project)
- Paul Willis (University of Bristol), Older men at the margins: a study of older mens’ experiences of seeking social engagement and combating loneliness in later life
A full programme for the Series will be available shortly.